It’s hard to imagine anything DeWalt could do to improve this saw. As with it little siblings, the DW716 and DW715, the feature at the top of our list is the fantastic miter detent override, allowing you to compensate for a world that just isn’t square all the time. Normally, setting a 44.7-degree miter would leave you with a fight on your hands with regular detents, because of that annoying tendency saws have to snap in when you get too close. But with the integrated override, you can cut as close to a detent as you need to without slipping in. The 718 miters 60 degrees to the left and 50 degrees to the right, with 10 zero-play detents, and all dead-on accurate. Of course, we like the miter cam lever, too, a great improvement over the old turnscrew knob.
- Amazon Sales Rank: #77321 in Home Improvement
- Brand: DEWALT
- Model: DW718R
- Number of items: 1
- Miter detent override cuts as close to a detent as needed to without slipping in
- Miter cam lever easier to us than turnscrew knob.
- Sliding fence with machined support promotes accuracy
- 15-amp motor, max rpm of 3,600
- Sturdy handles built into the base for a wide, secure grip