This respirator is designed for applications such as welding, soldering and other operations in which metal fumes may be present, including those present with ozone (3M recommended for 10 x OSHA PEL) and nuisance levels of organic vapors (below OSHA PEL). It can also be used in grinding, sanding, sweeping, bagging and other dusty and hot operations. It is especially well-suited for foundry operations, lab settings, undercoating and petrochemical operations. Features the 3M Cool Flow Exhalation Valve, a cake-resistant media, a comfortable faceseal and fully adjustable straps. NIOSH approved N95. At least 95% filtration efficiency against solid and liquid aerosols that do not contain oil. 3M Cool Flow Exhalation Valve with patented one-way valve offers easy exhalation for cooler dry comfort. Cake-resistant filter media is uniquely-designed filter layers reduce the caking of particles on the respirator surface. Helps make the respirator breathe easier longer, which contributes to comfort, longer service life and increased savings. Faceseal contours easily to help provide a good seal. Adjustable noseclip helps provide a custom fit and secure seal and reduces the potential for eyewear fogging. Fully adjustable straps. The fiber media and protective layers of this respirator are flame resistant but is not a substitute for a faceshield. If respirator becomes damaged, soiled, or breathing becomes difficult, leave the contaminated area immediately and dispose of the respirator. These respirators contain no components made from natural rubber latex. WARNING: these respirators help reduce exposure to certain particles. Misuse may result in sickness or death. Before use, the wearer must read and understand User Instructions provided as a part of product packaging. Time use limitations may apply. For proper use, see package instructions, supervisor or call 3M OH&ESD Technical Service in U.S.A., 1-800-243-4630. In Canada, call 1-800-267-4414.
- Brand: 3M
- Explore Filtera's other filtration and respirator offerings. Next to Availability, click on "from Filtera". On the next page, click on "Filtera Storefront." Add our storefront page to your Favorites.
- 3M Model 8214 is rated as an N95 respirator (N95 is not oil resistant, is 95% efficient to 0.3 micron particle sizes).
- 3M Cool Flow Exhalation Valve - patented one-way valve offers easy exhalation and cool, dry comfort.
- Designed for applications such as welding, soldering and other operations where metal fumes may be present.
- The fiber media and protective layers of this respirator are flame resistant as demonstrated per ASTM D2859-96. Not a substitute for a faceshield.